TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1309923
Date first listed:
07-May-1973
Statutory Address:
TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, PRIESTGATE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309923 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Aug-2019 at 18:48:49.

Location

Statutory Address:
TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, PRIESTGATE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Peterborough (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TL 19015 98526

Details

PETERBOROUGH 1. 1500 PRIESTGATE (South Side) Trinity Presbyterian Congregational Church TL 1998 NW 1/147 II GV 2. Originally a 5 bay late Georgian house, converted into a church in 1864, when the centre bay was altered. Ashlar. 2 storeys, Dentil and moulded eaves cornice. 4 windows, double hung sashes with glazing bars, in moulded stone architraves with bolection moulded frieze and cornice, console brackets to cuts. Ground floor windows have pediments on consoles and with aprons beneath, causing the plinth to break forward. Rusticated quotas. Centre breaks forward. Ground floor has heavy rustication. Rusticated doorway with triple keystone with large blocked fanlight on the 1st floor in rusticated surround with console as keystone. Iron rectangular grille with palmetto motif above the keystone. Round arched lower central window with, keystone, flanked by pilasters, frieze and pediment with anthemion. Urns as acroteria at quoins. 1st floor window is below a low octagonal obelisk spire. Tall ashlar chimneys to left and right hard sections. 6 panel double doors. 2 steps. Nos 26 to 30 (even) Trinity Presbyterian Congregational Church & The Museam form a group.

Listing NGR: TL1901598526

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
49681
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Jan 2002
Reference: IOE01/06291/27
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr JM Webber. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].