THE MANOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1309940
Date first listed:
26-Jan-1967
Statutory Address:
THE MANOR HOUSE, HALL SPOUT

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE MANOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1309940 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 10:26:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE MANOR HOUSE, HALL SPOUT

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Barmby Moor
National Grid Reference:
SE 77779 48919

Details

BARMBY MOOR HALL SPOUT SE 74 NE (east side)

5/13 The Manor House 26.1.67

- II *

House. 1597 on dated panel within entrance lobby; rebuilt late C17/early C18, enlarged to rear C18. Brick, stucco, stone slate roof. L-shaped plan. Main elevation of 2 storeys, 4 bays, 1:1:2. Plinth, rusticated quoins and pilasters; in addition the entire entrance bay is rusticated. Bolection moulded door-case with panelled reveals and soffit; moulded cornice over with raised flowers to hollow moulding. Tripartite sashes with sills under channelled wedge lintels with raised keyblocks. First floor: 4 sliding sashes with glazing bars on moulded sills. Moulded eaves cornice repeating flower motif to hollow moulding, axial stacks (with paired flues to right, quatrefoil flues to left) and hipped roof. Interior: entrance lobby lined with raised and fielded panelling to left, plain panelling to right and to ceiling, the latter incorporating a raised equal- arm cross in the centre. C19 panelled and glazed interior door with intersecting glazing bars between attached columns bearing jardineres and flowers all carved from the solid. Date over: 1597. Further inspection of interior was not permitted at time of resurvey; the house is said to contain a carved fireplace of c1640 and a number of other early features, including several panelled rooms. Some of this panelling is said to have been brought from the old parish church (rebuilt 1851) which may also include the dated panel over the door. The site of the house is enclosed by a moat.

Listing NGR: SE7777948919

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
167632
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].