METHODIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1312781
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1983
Statutory Address:
METHODIST CHURCH, WELLINGTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1312781 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 22:00:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
METHODIST CHURCH, WELLINGTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Bollington
National Grid Reference:
SJ 93080 77867

Details

SJ 97 NW BOLLINGTON WELLINGTON ROAD (North Side)

2/49 Methodist Church.

II

Church: 1886 by William Waddington of Manchester. Ashlar buff sandstone. Welsh slate roof and red tile ridge. C13 style. Aligned nearly north-south. Nave of 5 bays, south-west tower and spire. Nave has mullioned and transomed lancet headed windows under hood moulds, with lancet shaped lights, with trefoil cusped elements in upper lights. Twin lancet entrances into south front approached by 4 steps. South window has 4 lights with geometric tracery above, flanked by lancets. 4-stage hexagonal tower, top stage has louvred, lancet bell openings on each face in carved surrounds. Broached spire above. Interior: Only raking south gallery survives alterations of 1959. Some original figured stained glass.

Listing NGR: SJ9308077867

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
57966
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/07802/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Barry Marland. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].