PAIR OF GATES AND OVERTHROW NORTH OF TEA HOUSE, ACROSS PATH TO BROAD WALK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1312840
Date first listed:
02-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
PAIR OF GATES AND OVERTHROW NORTH OF TEA HOUSE, ACROSS PATH TO BROAD WALK, EATON PARK GARDEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of PAIR OF GATES AND OVERTHROW NORTH OF TEA HOUSE, ACROSS PATH TO BROAD WALK
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1312840 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Jul-2019 at 21:59:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
PAIR OF GATES AND OVERTHROW NORTH OF TEA HOUSE, ACROSS PATH TO BROAD WALK, EATON PARK GARDEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Eaton
National Grid Reference:
SJ 41501 60402

Details

SJ 4160 EATON C.P. EATON PARK GARDEN

9/90 Pair of Gates and Overthrow north of Tea House, across path to Broad Walk

GV II

Pair of Gates, 1913, for 2nd Duke of Westminster. Wrought iron painted black and gold. Each gate has a bottom rail of ornate openwork, a lower and upper panel of latticed metal ropework and a lockrail of fine repousse grapes, grape-leaves and stems. Between each upper panel and the top rail is a cartouche bearing a date, 1863, left, and 1913, right. An overthrow of fine foliated scrollwork with a central cartouche bearing the initials GW. The repousse work of the lockrail, of a different character from other parts of the gates, suggests the reuse of earlier material.

Listing NGR: SJ4150360400

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
55286
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 6 Cheshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Oct 2000
Reference: IOE01/00343/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael J Tuck. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].