WARDLE OLD HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1312857

Date first listed: 10-Jun-1952

Date of most recent amendment: 03-Aug-1984

Statutory Address: WARDLE OLD HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of WARDLE OLD HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1312857 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 21:31:44.

Location

Statutory Address: WARDLE OLD HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Wardle

National Grid Reference: SJ 61183 57130

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 65 NW WARDLE C.P. WARDLE

3/79 Wardle Old Hall

10 June 1952

GV II*

Originally a farmhouse now a private house, early C18. Red brick in Flemish Bond with slate roof. 2 storeys, 5 bays. Ogee moulded stone plinth. Giant Doric pilasters to quoins and flanking the central entrance bay. The entrance has a stone doorcase, eared top and bottom, a keystone with foliage motif, a pulvinated frieze -and pediment with dentil cornice. This contains a four panel door with lower panels raised and fielded and upper panels glazed. Slightly recessed sashes with stone sills and sunk brick panel below, glazing bars and gauged skewback flat heads. The centre bay, first floor, window has stone key with grain motif. Moulded stone gutter cornice between the pilaster caps which have triglyphs and guttae. The roof has lead hips and two symetrically placed stacks with arch-headed sunken panels. There are built-up window openings in the north and south gables. At the rear (east) there is a 2-storey, 2-bay wing of red brick with roof of large slates; the ridge of this section is at main house eaves level. Interior: The rear wing has chamfered beams and exposed ceiling joists also original roof trusses. There are wide three-panel doors in the main building on unusual "H" hinges with a single long leg. Graded II* for the high quality of the Baroque facade.

Listing NGR: SJ6118357130

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 56838

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing