135, CHESTER ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1312985
Date first listed:
23-Dec-1983
Statutory Address:
135, CHESTER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 135, CHESTER ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1312985.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Dec-2019 at 17:04:17.

Location

Statutory Address:
135, CHESTER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Warrington (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Walton
National Grid Reference:
SJ 59736 85135

Details

SJ 58 NE WALTON C.P. CHESTER ROAD (South East side) 2/56 No.135

GV II

Includes No 1 Walton Lea Road. Handed pair of cottages, 1912, probably by Wright and Hamlyn of Warrington, for Sir Gilbert Greenall. Brown brick cavity walls with graded stone-slate roof with massive brick chimneys. V-shaped block facing the Green at corner of Chester Road and Walton Lea Road; each cottage is of 2 bays. Flush end-gables; shaped gables, paired to the Green and one facing each road, with sandstone copings. Sandstone plinth-caps, chamfered window surrounds and shaped, projecting cills and moulded door surrounds. Datestone on No.1 Walton Lea Road "This stone was laid by Gilbert Greenall 21st September 1912" and on No.135 Chester Road "This stone was laid by Edward Greenall 21st September 1912". Leaded casements and half-glazed framed and boarded doors with 6 small panes.

Designed as a group with Nos.131 and 135 Chester Road and Nos.3 and 5 Walton Lea Road (q.q.v).

Listing NGR: SJ5973685135

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
58995
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/06489/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr F. Bryan Basketter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].