WOOLDALE METHODIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1313627
Date first listed:
30-Apr-1982
Statutory Address:
WOOLDALE METHODIST CHURCH, WOOLDALE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOOLDALE METHODIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1313627.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2020 at 18:03:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
WOOLDALE METHODIST CHURCH, WOOLDALE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Kirklees (Metropolitan Authority)
Parish:
Holme Valley
National Grid Reference:
SE 15265 08876

Details

SE 15 08 WOOLDALE ROAD 13/440 (Wooldale)

30.4.82 Wooldale Methodist GV Church

II

Chapel. Circa 1830 with c.1880-90 addition. Hammer dressed stone, pitch faced to addition. Stone slate roof, blue slates to addition. Gable copings and ashlar stacks. Simple hall of 5 bays, consisting of 4 round arched windows with Keystone and impost blocks, and stone porch to end bay with moulded cornice and blocking course. The later addition is at 90° and is a 6 bay hall with round arched windows. The gable frontage has stepped and scrolled parapet with scrolled pediment at apex. Ball finials on kneelers. Central occulus with hood mould and keystone. Central 3-light round headed window with single, round headed, light to each side, with marginal coloured glazing. Continuous hood mould.

Listing NGR: SE1526508876

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
340668
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Jan 2005
Reference: IOE01/13728/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].