BURNALL BANK

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1313976
Date first listed:
06-Jun-1983
Statutory Address:
BURNALL BANK, STAINLAND ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1313976.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Apr-2021 at 07:15:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
BURNALL BANK, STAINLAND ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Calderdale (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 08584 19654

Details

ELLAND STAINLAND ROAD SE 085196 (east side) 6/114 Burnall Bank

II

Two houses, C17 in origin, with fronts rebuilt C19 and 1936. 2 storeys. Hammer- dressed stone, stone slate roof. Built into this facade is a triangular stone inscribed 'GOD BE THIS DWELLING HOUSE WITHIN 1628'. The return wall has C17 extruded stack, and the rear wall, which is rendered, has double chamfered mullioned window to ground floor of 5 lights with hoodmould with spiral stops. To first floor a former 4-light chamfered window which lacks 2 mullions. Attached to right hand end of the building is one C17 bay perhaps part of the earlier house. Rendered with stone slate roof. To ground floor chamfered mullioned windows of 2 lights with hoodmould. Return wall has blocked 2-light chamfered window and damaged doorway with massive stones to jambs. Outshut to rear.

Listing NGR: SE0858419654

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
338538
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Dec 2003
Reference: IOE01/11604/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Wood. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].