DERHAM HOUSE WITH GAS LAMP ATTACHED

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1317990
Date first listed:
17-Apr-1967
Statutory Address:
DERHAM HOUSE WITH GAS LAMP ATTACHED, 2, WAGON ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1317990.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2020 at 15:14:29.

Location

Statutory Address:
DERHAM HOUSE WITH GAS LAMP ATTACHED, 2, WAGON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lancashire
District:
Wyre (District Authority)
Parish:
Nether Wyresdale
National Grid Reference:
SD 51939 53381

Details

NETHER WYRESDALE WAGON ROAD SD 55 SW 2/175 Lower Dolphinholme 17-4-1967 No.2 (Derham House) with gas lamp attached GV II House, c.1800. Sandstone rubble with tile roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Windows sashed with glazing bars and stone surrounds. Door, in central bay, has doorcase of 2 attached Doric columns. Roof hipped at right. Chimneys to left and set back to right. Right-hand return wall has large tripartite window, sashed with glazing bars and with plain stone surround and flat-faced mullions. On the 1st floor are 2 sashed windows with glazing bars and plain stone surrounds. Attached to the northern corner of the building is a gas lamp on an iron bracket, restored to working order in 1984. Derham House was occupied by the manager of Dolphinholme worsted spinning mill. Gas lighting was installed in the mill in 1811 and also used to light the village street, making Dolphinholme one of the first villages to be lit by gas.

Listing NGR: SD5193953381

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
185569
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Sep 2004
Reference: IOE01/13287/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Chris Thoume. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].