PARISH CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY AND CHURCHYARD WALLS FRONTING STREET AND ON WEST, RUNNING SOUTHWARDS FOR APPROXIMATELY 100 YARDS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1319749

Date first listed: 06-Jun-1951

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY AND CHURCHYARD WALLS FRONTING STREET AND ON WEST, RUNNING SOUTHWARDS FOR APPROXIMATELY 100 YARDS, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY AND CHURCHYARD WALLS FRONTING STREET AND ON WEST, RUNNING SOUTHWARDS FOR APPROXIMATELY 100 YARDS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1319749 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 03:37:06.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY AND CHURCHYARD WALLS FRONTING STREET AND ON WEST, RUNNING SOUTHWARDS FOR APPROXIMATELY 100 YARDS, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: South Gloucestershire (Unitary Authority)

National Grid Reference: ST 65094 73800

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5118 EX-KINGSWOOD UD HIGH STREET (south side) Kingswood Parish Church of the Holy Trinity and Churchyard walls fronting street and on west, running southwards for approximately 100 yds ST 6573 10/169 6.6.51 II* GV 2. 1821, a good example of Commissioners Gothic, altered by addition of 2 bay chancel and vestry in 1900 and roof of circa 1850. Ashlar on moulded plinth with Roman tile roof. Four bays, Tudor Gothick. Three-light windows in drips. Weathered buttresses, corner buttresses diagonal. Three stage embattled tower with corner finials and diagonal buttresses, Geometric windows one per face on each stage, lower stage has inscribed quatrefoils. Weathervane. Tudor arch west door, studded. Two bay chancel with slate roof, decorated-style windows and north and south chapels. Interior: original internal west door, Tudor Gothick panelling and studded stair turret door. West gallery with original side rails and panelling and with royal arms and dedication inscription on string. Chancel has 1897-1908 decorative scheme, part stencilled and part applied paintings. Two loose panels of stained glass, late C19 east window and small stained glass panels in north porch chapel. Church set back from High Street by graveyard. Rubble pennant wall about 3 ft high to street. The graveyard wall to west is original about 5-6 ft high pennant rubble with ironstone and oceas pennant buttresses.

Listing NGR: ST6509473800

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 28729

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing