THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1320920
Date first listed:
09-Feb-1961
Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, BROAD STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1320920.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 08-May-2021 at 08:34:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, BROAD STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
North Somerset (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Wrington
National Grid Reference:
ST 46915 62765

Details

ST 46 SE WRINGTON C.P. BROAD STREET (south side)

5/137 The Old Rectory 9.2.61 G.V. II

Former Rectory, now detached house. C17 core with c.1710 addition reduced in height by 1 storey in the 1950s. Random rubble with dressed stone openings and flush rusticated stone quoins, pantile roof to c.1710 block, triple Roman tiles to C17 range. L-shaped plan with C17 core range to right hand and c.1710 block to left-hand. 2-storey, 5-window north front. All windows are 12-pane sashes, those to ground floor under segmental-headed flush relieving arches. Central doorway with moulded and eared architrave, bolection frieze and a broken segmental pediment on carved consoles; 6-panel door. Moulded plinth course, 1st floor string course and bracketted eaves to hipped roof. 2 stone stacks and further stone stack to C17 range. Interior. Early C18 staircase with barley sugar balusters and 3 fine C18 chimney pieces in Dining Room, Drawing Room and Library. Tudor-arched doorway between c.1710 block and C17 wing, also a C17 ovolo-moulded opening, originally an east end window.

Listing NGR: ST4691562765

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
34003
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/02513/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mike Bedingfield. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].