ALBURYS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1320922
Date first listed:
30-Aug-1972
Date of most recent amendment:
10-Dec-1990
Statutory Address:
ALBURYS, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of ALBURYS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1320922.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 08:02:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
ALBURYS, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
North Somerset (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Wrington
National Grid Reference:
ST4684763077

Details

ST 46 SE 1816/5/150 30.8.72

WRINGTON HIGH STREET (south side) Alburys

G.V. II*

Detached villa. 1846. Ashlar to main range, Roman cement to service range, slate roofs. Italianate style in the pattern-book manner of J.C. Loudon. 2 storeys. North front has advanced end bays and recessed central section. Windows are single light sashes with marginal glazing and tripartite sashed windows in canted bays to ground floor, paired narrow sashes with round heads to upper floor. Ornate wrought iron grille over 2-leaf door with anthemion decoration. Left-hand window has Soaneian finials to its cornice, open bellcote on gable apex with a round arch in each face. West front has a projecting loggia with Venetian type opening above a porch with tripartite French window glazing. South front has projecting 1-storey conservatory with segmental-headed window openings with sash and casement fenestration and dentil cornice. Deeply projecting bracketed eaves cornice and tall bracketed stacks. Service range to east in similar but more austere style. INTERIOR: fine contemporary authemion motif decoration to entrance hall. The house was built for a local solicitor called James.

Listing NGR: ST4684763077

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
34016
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Jul 2000
Reference: IOE01/02513/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mike Bedingfield. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].