Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1321582.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Aug-2020 at 12:00:39.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Bedford (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TL 06267 43486


TL 04SE WILSTEAD CHURCH ROAD 10/133 Parish Church of All Saints 13.7.64 GV II*

Parish church. C14, C15, 1852 and 1873, latter work by Sir Arthur Blomfield. Coursed ironstone rubble with oolite and chalk ashlaring to dressings. Chancel, N vestry, nave, N aisle, S aisle, S porch, W tower. Chancel, of 1873, has 3-light E window, and 2 2-light S windows, all with pointed arches. Stone coping to gable. Vestry, of same date or later, has 2-light pointed arched window. Nave has C15 N arcade of 3 bays, with pointed arches. C14 4- bay S arcade, with pointed arches, coarsely carved heads to respondsand partly rebuilt W arch. 4 clerestory windows to each side, each of 2 trefoiled lights under 4-centred head. N aisle, originally C15, but apparently rebuilt more recently. 2 2-light windows and one 3-light window, all cinquefoiled, with 4- centred heads. C19 N door gives onto C20 parish room. C14 S aisle has C19 2- light window to E wall. 3 C15 windows to S wall, E one of 3-lights under depressed arch, others of 2-lights, the E one of the 2 with C19 tracery. S doorway retains its pointed arch of c.1340. Nave and aisles have embattled parapets. C19 gabled porch. W tower of 1852 has 4-light window, one 2- light window to each side of top stage, and plain parapet. Interior : nave and S aisle retain C15 roofs, S aisle one with carved bosses, nave one with figures of apostles to corbels, angels to intermediates, and carved bosses. N aisle retains c.1430 half-figure brass of William Carbrok, priest. Nave has wall tablet to William Tompson, 1596, with small kneeling figure of Tompson within pediment.

Listing NGR: TL0626743486


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jul 2001
Reference: IOE01/02928/22
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Nigel Ward. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].