FLASK PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1322190
Date first listed:
14-May-1974
Statutory Address:
FLASK PUBLIC HOUSE, 14, FLASK WALK

Map

Ordnance survey map of FLASK PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1322190.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 05-Jun-2020 at 23:21:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
FLASK PUBLIC HOUSE, 14, FLASK WALK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Camden (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 26454 85764

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2685NW FLASK WALK 798-1/26/463 (South side) 14/05/74 No.14 Flask Public House

GV II

Public house. Rebuilt 1874 by Cumming and Nixon. Yellow stock brick with stucco dressings; roof not visible. 3 storeys and cellars. 4 windows and 3-window north return. Twin entrances set between tall windows and flanked by three pilasters enriched with glazed tiles. Paterae over pilasters at frieze level. First floor windows with moulded segmental heads and enriched impost bands. Second floor windows with moulded sill band, recessed within rectangular frame with corbels over gauged window arches. Moulded course at parapet level. INTERIOR retains mahogany and glass partitions and bar fittings and counter, wall tiles, cast-iron fireplaces with tile surrounds, moulded cornices. Partition screen in lounge bar retains Victorian chromolithographs. Rear of premises extended 1990, when a brick vaulted cellar was unearthed. (The Builder: 26 September 1874: 818).







Listing NGR: TQ2645585760

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
477316
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'The Builder' in 26th September, (1874), 818

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Feb 2005
Reference: IOE01/13463/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adam Watson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].

Back
to top