QUEEN VICTORIAS CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1323668

Date first listed: 26-Jun-1998

Statutory Address: QUEEN VICTORIAS CHAPEL, WINDSOR GREAT PARK

Map

Ordnance survey map of QUEEN VICTORIAS CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1323668 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 09:15:11.

Location

Statutory Address: QUEEN VICTORIAS CHAPEL, WINDSOR GREAT PARK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Windsor and Maidenhead (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Old Windsor

National Grid Reference: SU 97062 72124

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

OLD WINDSOR

SU97SE WINDSOR GREAT PARK 599-1/14/32 Queen Victoria's Chapel

II

Chapel, built for Queen Victoria. Mid C19. Chancel re-built in 1863 by Teulon, nave re-built in 1866, probably by Salvin. Stock brick in Flemish bond, steeply pitched tile roof with crested ridge tiles and coped gables. PLAN: nave, south aisle, chancel, south chapel, south porch. EXTERIOR: gabled bellcote on west gable. Lancet windows with hoodmoulds. Plinth, moulded string at sill level. INTERIOR: 4-bay nave with crown-post and collar purlin roof. Arcade to south aisle has columns with leaf and foliage capitals; moulded and pointed arches. The royal box is in the south chancel.





Listing NGR: SU9706272124

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 469378

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 3 Berkshire,

End of official listing