SAINT MARY THE VIRGIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1323721
Date first listed:
17-Mar-1998
Statutory Address:
SAINT MARY THE VIRGIN

Map

Ordnance survey map of SAINT MARY THE VIRGIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1323721.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 30-Mar-2020 at 21:34:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
SAINT MARY THE VIRGIN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Warwickshire
District:
North Warwickshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Newton Regis
National Grid Reference:
SK 29016 08918

Details

NEWTON REGIS SK 20 NE NO-MAN'S HEATH 1729/2/10005 Saint Mary the Virgin

II Anglican church. 1863; vestry added in 1900. English bond red brick with stone dressings. Gable-ended Welsh slate roofs with bands of lighter slates and crested ridge'tiles. PLAN: Nave with bellcote over west end, chancel and south porch; vestry on north side of nave added in 1900. High Victorian Gothic style. EXTERIOR: Nave has 3-light stone Perpendicular windows in chamfered brick 2-centred arch openings with continuous cill course; buttresses with weathered set-offs; two cusp-head lancets in west gable with circular window above with stone quatrefoil, and -over the gable a gabled bellcote with weathered set-offs. The chancel has circular east window with sexfoil stone tracery , and lancets on north and south sides; the stringcourse is raised at east and west ends of church; small cast-iron lona cross over east gable of chancel. Gabled south porch with buttresses and chamfered stone doorway with plank door with wrought-iron hinges; panelled double inner doors. INTERIOR: Brick walls, chancel painted; moulded stone chancel arch with polychrome extrados, Arch-braced nave roof and braced common-rafter chancel roof. Choir stalls with pierced tracery fronts and benches in nave. Traceried panelled altar and reredos with canopy; polygonal panelled pulpit; carved lectern; font with shields; stained glass.

Listing NGR: SK2901608918

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
469153
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].