HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1328081
Date first listed:
23-Nov-1988
Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOLY TRINITY CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1328081.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2020 at 22:44:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY CHURCH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Altarnun
National Grid Reference:
SX 18022 76547

Details

ALTARNUN BOLVENTOR SX 17 NE 6/82 Holy Trinity Church - GV II

Parish church, now disused. 1846, built for patron Squire Rodd of Trebartha. Snecked local stone with granite plinth and granite dressings. Slate roof with lower roof to chancel. Plan: Nave and chancel, north and south transepts, south porch, vestry and belcote at junction of nave and chancel. Exterior: Small church with belcot at junction of nave and chancel. The corbelled octagonal belcote has four pierced openings and a conical roof surmounted by a finial. C19 3-light Perpendicular tracery in 4-centred arched window openings in gable ends of nave and chancel, transepts and similar windows in north and south walls of nave; the windows have been boarded now that the church is disused. Gabled south porch with C19 inner door. Interior: C19 plastered walls and C19 arch braced roof. Roof of nave and transepts of similar height with lower roof to chancel. Roughly dressed granite columns to chancel arch with moulded caps and bases. Octagonal font with bowl decorated with quatrefoils and crosses. Simple C19 furnishings. The separate parish of Bolventor was formed in 1846. Axford, E.C. Bodmin Moor, 1975.

Listing NGR: SX1802276547

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
68300
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Axford, E C , Bodmin Moor, (1975)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 May 2006
Reference: IOE01/15461/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael Read. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].