THE CORNER SHOP

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1329971
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1983
Statutory Address:
THE CORNER SHOP, 1, MOSS BROW

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CORNER SHOP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1329971 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Jul-2019 at 23:19:38.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE CORNER SHOP, 1, MOSS BROW

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Bollington
National Grid Reference:
SJ 92241 77233

Details

SJ 97 NW BOLLINGTON MOSS BROW (East Side)

2/34 No. 1 (The Corner Shop).

GV II

Formerly house, now house and shop: C17 core, rainhead dated 1721, and mid C19 alterations. Coursed, squared buff sandstone rubble, sandstone dressings, Kerridge stone-slate roof, stone ridge and 1 brick and 1 stone chimney. 2-storey near symmetrical 3-bay south front. The end bays have 3-light wooden casements with glazing bars under hood moulds below and similar 2-lights above in stone-coped gabled half dormers. Central bay has similar 2-light windows, under a hood mould below. All this front is a C19'alteration but has a rainhead inscribed RMW 1721, probably brought in. Door in west gable in ashlar surround. Interior: C17 dog-leg staircase with serpentine flat balusters and square newels, and some re-used wooden panelling in the stairwell. A tall 2-light chamfered stone mullion lights stair and others recently removed from the rear. 3-board door with wooden latch to the cellars.

Listing NGR: SJ9224177233

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
57951
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Jun 2002
Reference: IOE01/07802/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Barry Marland. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].