SAVIO HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1329986

Date first listed: 14-Apr-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 09-Dec-1983

Statutory Address: SAVIO HOUSE, INGERSLEY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SAVIO HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1329986 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 09:21:22.

Location

Statutory Address: SAVIO HOUSE, INGERSLEY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Rainow

National Grid Reference: SJ 94549 77365

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 97 NW RAINOW C.P. INGERSLEY ROAD (South Side)

2/127 Savio House (Formerly listed as Ingersley Hall)

14/4/1967

GV II

Formerly Ingersley Hall now religious house: earliest house c.1775 for John Gaskell, remainder 1833 for John Upton Gaskell. Front ashlar remainder in coursed squared pink or buff sandstone rubble. Hipped Welsh slate roof and 4 stone chimneys. Long rectangular plan. 2-storey, symmetrical 5-bay north front. Greek revival style. Bays divided by plain square pilasters with a projecting cornice and shaped blocking course. 12-pane sashes. Heavy detached Doric porch on 4 steps, has an 8 lozenge-panelled door, flanked by marginal lights and with a rectangular fanlight, behind. 2-storey, 8-bay west front. Central 3 bays are original house with rusticated quoins, an ashlar band, projecting cornice and a blocking course. Windows are 12-pane sashes but a bay added. South door has probably late C18 Tuscan doorcase moved from west front. Interior: Little of 1833 or earlier. An elliptical arched opening with moulded soffits and a number of 6-panelled doors.

Listing NGR: SJ9454977365

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 58038

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing