ELY HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1331636
Date first listed:
31-Oct-1983
Statutory Address:
ELY HOUSE, 158, LYNN ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1331636.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Aug-2020 at 14:50:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
ELY HOUSE, 158, LYNN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Cambridgeshire
District:
Fenland (District Authority)
Parish:
Wisbech
National Grid Reference:
TF 46733 10384

Details

WISBECH LYNN ROAD TF 41 SE (South Side) 2/82 No. 158 (Ely Rouse) GV II

Early C18 farmhouse. Local brown brick, pantiled roof with high tumbled parapet gables, end stacks. Two storeys with attics, symmetrical facade of five 'bays'. L-plan. Three flat roofed casement dormer windows. Five original cross-framed casement windows at first floor and four, similar, ground floor windows in segmental arches. Late C18 doorcase with attached wooden columns and enriched broken pediment, plain round headed fanlight and six-panelled door. Rear, two storey extension in angle dated 1854 on plaque with red pantiled roof and two roof, gable extensions. Windows with C19 brick labels. Interior has complete panelled room to right hand, with good late C18 chimney piece. Sealed kitchen hearth in rear wing. C19 staircase and service wing with dairy to east. Chimney pieces with Lambeth tiles, and tiled cupboard in service wing. Original kitchen door with iron hinges. Pevsner, Buildings of England, p.497. VCH Cambs, p.242.

Listing NGR: TF4673310384

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
48279
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Cambridgeshire, (1970), 497
Salzman, L F , The Victoria History of the County of Cambridgeshire and the Isle of Ely, (1953), 242

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Mar 2005
Reference: IOE01/13951/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter D. Dewar. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].