THE ALMSHOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1331816

Date first listed: 25-Apr-1984

Statutory Address: THE ALMSHOUSES, 1, 2 AND 3, NEWMARKET ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE ALMSHOUSES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1331816 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Mar-2019 at 10:11:39.

Location

Statutory Address: THE ALMSHOUSES, 1, 2 AND 3, NEWMARKET ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cambridgeshire

District: East Cambridgeshire (District Authority)

Parish: Kirtling

National Grid Reference: TL 68420 57772

Details

TL 65 NE KIRTLING NEWMARKET ROAD (East Side)

7/120 Nos 1, 2 and 3 (The Almhouses)

GV II

Almshouses, 1842, a memorial to Marchioness of Bute by Lord North. Architect possibly Benjamin Ferrey (1810-1880). Red brick with limestone dressings; plain tile roofs with parapet gables. Three ridge stacks each with two diagonal shafts. One storey. Projecting central gable with arms of Lord North. Six, chamfered mullioned windows of two-lights in flat arches. Three boarded doors in four-centred arches. Converted to a nunnery and Catholic school. RCHM (Cambs notes), 1952.

Listing NGR: TL6842057772

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 49198

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing