BALUSTRADE FROM THE VILLA BORGHESE, ROME, TO THE SOUTH OF CLIVEDEN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1332434

Date first listed: 23-Sep-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 26-Apr-1985

Statutory Address: BALUSTRADE FROM THE VILLA BORGHESE, ROME, TO THE SOUTH OF CLIVEDEN, CLIVEDEN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of BALUSTRADE FROM THE VILLA BORGHESE, ROME, TO THE SOUTH OF CLIVEDEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1332434 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Jan-2019 at 10:42:54.

Location

Statutory Address: BALUSTRADE FROM THE VILLA BORGHESE, ROME, TO THE SOUTH OF CLIVEDEN, CLIVEDEN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: South Bucks (District Authority)

Parish: Taplow

National Grid Reference: SU 91035 85125

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SU 98 NW TAPLOW CLIVEDEN ROAD (Cliveden)

3/671 Balustrade from the Villa Borghese, Rome, to the 23.9.55 south of Cliveden (formerly listed as Cliveden, together with terrace wall, octagonal temple, Blenheim Pavilion and balustrade from the Villa Borghese)

- 11*

From south forecourt of the Casino and erected here 1896 by Viscount Astor. Below the main terrace. Alternate sections of red Roman brick and stone balusters between stone piers. Moulded stone cornice rail. Two sections with central break. At end of 4 ends, square 2-tier stone piers, the central 2 with stone statues on top and fountains with shell-shaped basins below. Balustrade is 1618 by G di Gincome and P Massoni. Statues are c1715 French signed Poirier and Cayot.

Listing NGR: SU9104785124

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 44261

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 4 Buckinghamshire,

End of official listing