NASHDOM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1332673
Date first listed:
23-Sep-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
24-Apr-1985
Statutory Address:
NASHDOM, NASHDOM LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of NASHDOM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1332673 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 10:27:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
NASHDOM, NASHDOM LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Buckinghamshire
District:
South Bucks (District Authority)
Parish:
Burnham
National Grid Reference:
SU 91993 84292

Details

SU 98 SW BURNHAM NASHDOM LANE

7/282 Nashdom (formerly listed as Nashdom Abbey) 23.9.55

GV II*

1911, by Lutyens for Princess Dolgorouki. Bought by the Anglican Order of Benedictine Monks 1929. Colourwashed stock bricks; machine tiled roof sloping from all sides to lead flat. A symmetrical composition comprising a central single-storeyed entrance bay and 2 flanking bays each of 4 storeys and 5 bays. The entrance bay a portico with Tuscan columns and piers carrying an enta- blature with balustrade. Inside, doors left and right and an iron gate leading into an open court in front. The flanking bays with sash windows and, in the mezzanine floor, round windows. To the left, a modern red brick extension. Country Life 31.8.1912.

Listing NGR: SU9199384292

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
43908
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Country Life' in 31 August, (1912)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 Dec 2006
Reference: IOE01/16096/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Dale Venn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].