HILLS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1332704

Date first listed: 23-Sep-1955

Statutory Address: HILLS HOUSE, VILLAGE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HILLS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1332704 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jan-2019 at 09:03:01.

Location

Statutory Address: HILLS HOUSE, VILLAGE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Buckinghamshire

District: South Bucks (District Authority)

Parish: Denham

National Grid Reference: TQ 04243 87024

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 0487 DENHAM VILLAGE ROAD (north side) 15/360 Hills House 23.9.55

GV 11*

Late C17 altered. Red brick. Three storeys. Tile roof; 4 gables alternately shaped and stepped. Front partly covered by old wisteria. Left-hand section. Window range: 6 double-hung sashes, set flush, glazing bars, rubbed flat brick arches. Small brick cornice mouldings. Ground floor entrance door, wooden architrave and hood on 3 carved brackets; 5 double-hung sashes. Ground and first floor brick bands. Gables have brick copings; left gable has circular panel; in each one 2-light casement, glazing bars. Right-hand section. One window range, windows have cambered brick relieving arches. Interior said to contain semi-circular recess with fluted pilasters and moulded cornice and newel staircase, both of C17 oak. VCH III, p255; RCI.lM I, p122.

Listing NGR: TQ0424487026

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 43968

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Page, W, The Victoria History of the County of Buckingham, (1908), 255
Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume One South, (1912)

End of official listing