OAKHAY BARTON

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1334005
Date first listed:
25-Oct-1984
Statutory Address:
OAKHAY BARTON

Map

Ordnance survey map of OAKHAY BARTON
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1334005 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Oct-2019 at 10:40:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
OAKHAY BARTON

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Devon
District:
East Devon (District Authority)
Parish:
Stoke Canon
National Grid Reference:
SX 93682 98128

Details

STOKE CANON STOKE CANON VILLAGE SX 99 NW 3/36 Oakhay Barton - - II Farmhouse. Early C17 front range with C19 additions to rear, and C20 porch and shallow wing to front. Stone. Slate hipped roofs. 2 storeys throughout. The old range originally 3-room, cross passage plan. Front: 2 window range; porch and right-hand wing of circa 1921, and fenestration of same date, 2- and 3-light casements, 6 panes per light. 2 rear lateral stacks (now internal) with moulded caps. 2 brick stacks to right-hand side. The left-hand room retains a good C17 fireplace, bead-moulded stone jambs with lintel, chamfered with step stops. Right- hand room fireplace not inspected. Mid-C19 rear wing, 2 window garden range with contemporary timber asashes, 8 panes per sash. Each part of the house separately roofed, with overhanging eaves. A range of cob farm buildings projects forward from right-hand side forming one side of the front garden. Although the name 'Oakhay' is older, the first documentary record of this house is 1633 and may record the approximate date of the building. Source: Devon Place Names, II, 448.

Listing NGR: SX9368298128

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
86101
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].