CHURCH OF ST PHILLIP AND ST JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1335199
Date first listed:
20-Oct-1983
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PHILLIP AND ST JAMES, ATLOW LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PHILLIP AND ST JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1335199.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 00:17:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PHILLIP AND ST JAMES, ATLOW LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Atlow
National Grid Reference:
SK 23047 48685

Details

SK 24 NW PARISH OF ATLOW ATLOW LANE 5/2 (West Side) Church of St Philip and St James II

Church. 1874 by H I Stevens. Designs must have been made before Steven's death in 1873. Gritstone ashlar. Tiled roof with stone coped gables at west end and over chancel arch. Nave, chancel and south porch and bell turret on the west gable. EE style. Single lancets and lancets in pairs and triplets, some with trefoiled heads. Two bay nave. Good interior with bands of red brick and ashlar enlivened with encaustic tiles. Tiled floors throughout. Contemporary fittings include choir stalls, benches, communion rail and lectern.

Listing NGR: SK2304748685

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80055
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 May 2007
Reference: IOE01/16403/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Lewis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].