PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1335246
Date first listed:
12-Jul-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
23-May-1984
Statutory Address:
PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL, EAST BANK

Map

Ordnance survey map of PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1335246.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 07:04:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
PRIMITIVE METHODIST CHAPEL, EAST BANK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)
Parish:
Winster
National Park:
PEAK DISTRICT
National Grid Reference:
SK 24033 60388

Details

SK 24 60 PARISH OF WINSTER EAST BANK (off) 3/14 Primitive Methodist Chapel (formerly listed as 12.7.67 Methodist Chapel) II

Non-conformist chapel. Dated 1823. Coursed rubble limestone with gritstone dressings, projecting quoins, coped gables and brick stack to east gable, Welsh slated roof. East elevation: Gabled front with two central windows, with semi- circular heads with keyblocks. Small paned cast iron windows. Doorways to each side, with semi-circular heads and keyblocks, projecting quoined surrounds, plain planked doors with semi-circular fanlights and radiating glazing bars. Plaque within gable inscribed: Primitive Methodist Chapel 1823 Enlarged MDCCCL

Listing NGR: SK2403360388

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
80206
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08814/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roy Millett. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].