CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1335458
Date first listed:
29-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1335458.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 06:29:09.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Derbyshire
District:
North East Derbyshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Heath and Holmewood
National Grid Reference:
SK 44822 67079

Details

SK 46 NW PARISH OF HEATH CHURCH LANE 2/4 (North Side) Church of All Saints II

Church. 1853 by H.I.Stevens. Restored 1882-6 by William Butterfield. Coursed squared rock-faced sandstone with sandstone dressings. Welsh slate roofs with stone coped gables. West steeple, nave with south porch, chancel with north vestry. Three stage west tower with angle buttresses to the west and a south west stair turret. 2-light bell openings on west, north and south sides, those to south and west incorporating a clockface. Battlements and spire with one tier of lucarnes. Dec Style window.tracery. Four 2-light windows to the north side of the nave, one 2-light and two 3-light windows to the south side, with quatrefoils in circles and trefoils superimposed over triangles. Chancel with two 2-light windows to the south and a 4-light east window with a sexfoil within a circle at the top. South porch, the entrance with shafts and moulded arch. Buttresses with two set-offs and stringcourse linking the sills of the windows. In the porch are two C11 or C12 coffin slabs, one rectangular with incised motifs, the other tapering to the base, with a cross and figure.

Listing NGR: SK4482267079

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
79352
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Oct 2004
Reference: IOE01/13472/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr George Wolfe. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].