CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1342049
Date first listed:
10-Jun-1954
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, EVERSHOLT STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1342049.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 27-Feb-2021 at 10:14:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, EVERSHOLT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Camden (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 29478 83031

Details

CAMDEN

TQ2983SW EVERSHOLT STREET 798-1/83/427 (East side) 10/06/54 Church of St Mary the Virgin

GV II

Church. 1824-7. By H and HW Inwood. Built by IT Seabrook. Apse added 1888 by Ewan Christian, who also removed side galleries. West gallery removed and interior decorated 1890. Grey brick with stone dressings. 7 bays with aisles in thin Gothic style. Symmetrical west front with central buttressed tower having pinnacles at angles and Y-tracery louvred belfry opening; pointed arch main entrance. Tower flanked by 2 bays, outer bays having pointed arch entrances the same dimensions as the main entrance flanked by buttress terminating in pinnacles above the cornice and parapet. String course at window height continuing around the building. North facade with pointed 2-light geometrical tracery windows (narthex window with Y-tracery), flanked by buttresses terminating at the cornice above which a parapet. INTERIOR: with vaulted roof on cast-iron clustered columns. (Survey of London: Vol. XXIV, King's Cross Neighbourhood, Parish of St Pancras IV: London: -1952).





Listing NGR: TQ2947883031

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
477270
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'Survey of London' in Survey of London - Kings Cross neighbourhood The Parish of St Pancras Part 4: Volume 24 , (1951)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Jun 2007
Reference: IOE01/16615/31
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].