FW COLLINS AND SON

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1342090
Date first listed:
11-Jan-1999
Statutory Address:
FW COLLINS AND SON, 14, EARLHAM STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1342090.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Apr-2021 at 05:01:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
FW COLLINS AND SON, 14, EARLHAM STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Camden (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 30006 81062

Details

CAMDEN

TQ3081SW EARLHAM STREET 798-1/105/349 (South side) No.14 FW Collins & Son

GV II

Terraced shop with accommodation over. c1835. Yellow stock brick with red brick dressings. Timber shopfront. Central shop entrance of panelled part-glazed door with overlight flanked by plate-glass windows with battered panelled risers. Slightly recessed house entrance to left with panelled door and overlight. Entablature with fluted bracket to right. Red brick segmental arches to upper floor sashes; 1st floor retaining original unhorned sashes. Parapet. Between 1st floor windows a round-arched enamelled sign inscribed "Established 1835/F.W. Collins/Elastic Glue Manufacturer (Sole Inventor 1857)/Leather, Grindery & General Ironmonger/Warehouse". INTERIOR: shop retains original features. HISTORICAL NOTE: a Mr W Collins, boot blocker is first recorded at the premises in 1842.



Listing NGR: TQ3000981062

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
477149
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 02 Dec 2006
Reference: IOE01/16298/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Jason Wen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].