CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1342335
Date first listed:
08-Jul-1959
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1342335.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 20:07:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
King's Lynn and West Norfolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Boughton
National Grid Reference:
TF 69993 02220

Details

TF 60 SE BOUGHTON CHURCH LANE

7/9 Church of All Saints 8.7.59 - II*

Parish church. Early C14 west tower, nave and chancel 1872. Flint with ashlar dressings and plain tiled roofs. 3 stage square unbuttressed tower. Polygonal stair turret to south-east with quatrefoil lights. 2-light trefoiled west window under hood mould. Hollow moulded string courses between stages. Quatrefoil lights to ringing chamber and 2-light trefoiled belfry windows. Flushwork crenellated parapet with corner pinnacles. Remainder of church 1872. 3-light intersecting nave windows. 2-light intersecting or lancet to chancel. Angle buttresses at east and 3 lancets as east window. Interior. East end with triple arcade behind lancets on columns with moulded polygonal bases and capitals. Scissor braced nave and chancel roofs. Chamfered tower arch of C14.

Listing NGR: TF6999302220

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
221483
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/06928/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Giles. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].