POULTON HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1343498
Date first listed:
27-Dec-1962
Date of most recent amendment:
02-Dec-1986
Statutory Address:
POULTON HALL, POULTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of POULTON HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1343498 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Aug-2019 at 03:53:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
POULTON HALL, POULTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wirral (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 33541 81596

Details

BEBINGTON POULTON ROAD SJ 38 SW (east side) Poulton 6/222 Poulton Hall (formerly listed with Cottage 27.12.62 [old Brewhouse])

G.V. II

House, the east end now converted to flats. 1653, rear wing 1710, further extension to rear wing 1843. Brick with stone dressings, now covered by pebble-dash; hipped slate roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays, with one-storey wing to left. Quoins and plain cornice. Windows have architraves, those to ground floor have friezes and cornices and French windows, those to 1st foor are sashed with glazing bars. Central entrance has Tuscan porch and glazed doors. Wing to left of one bay has hipped roof and clerestory. Cross-axial stack. 1st 2 bays of right return are bowed, windows as above. Rear wing similar but plainer, several stacks. Interior has stair with early C17 barley-sugar balusters, believed to be taken from the altar rail at Lower Bebington Church. Early C18 library has 3 alcoves to sides, timber pilasters and cornices, most alcoves segmental-headed.

Listing NGR: SJ3354181596

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
215554
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/07389/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Patrick Norris. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].