DINING HALL, AT HARTLEY'S FACTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1343619
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1975
Statutory Address:
DINING HALL, AT HARTLEY'S FACTORY, HARTLEY AVENUE

Map

Ordnance survey map of DINING HALL, AT HARTLEY'S FACTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1343619 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jul-2019 at 00:39:51.

Location

Statutory Address:
DINING HALL, AT HARTLEY'S FACTORY, HARTLEY AVENUE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 36807 96447

Details

SJ 3696 HARTLEY AVENUE L9

13/585 Dining Hall, at Hartley's Factory 14.3.75 G.V. II

Dining hall, now empty. Dated 1895 on south front. Built as part of the workers' amenities. Red brick with stone dressings, tile roof. One storey with basement, 5 bays. Sill band and cornice, steep roof. 3 central bays have round- headed windows of 2 round-headed lights and 2 transoms, leaded lights above lower transom. 3 joined shaped gables have inscription: "DINING', '1895", "HALL" with reliefs of festoons and tree. Flanking bays have similar, shorter windows with only one transom, that to left has been altered to take loading bay, other windows have louvres below. End bays have enclosed porches with impost band and parapet; round-headed entrances have half-glazed doors. Steps have brick walls, stone coped diagonal pinnacles corbelled out from angles, plain gables with broad stacks. Extensions to left of no special interest.

Listing NGR: SJ3680796447

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
214249
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/06583/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Cross. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].