CHURCH OF ST LEONARDS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1343697

Date first listed: 01-Jun-1949

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Feb-1974

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LEONARDS, RECTORY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LEONARDS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1343697 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Mar-2019 at 06:15:53.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LEONARDS, RECTORY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Kent

District: Dover (District Authority)

Parish: Deal

National Grid Reference: TR 36267 51853

Details



860/5/136 RECTORY ROAD 01-JUN-1949 (East side) CHURCH OF ST LEONARD'S (Formerly listed as: LONDON ROAD CHURCH OF ST LEONARD'S)

II*

C12, C17 and C19. The Nave, South Aisle and Chancel arch are Norman. Red brick West tower of 3 stages with long and short quoins was added in 1684. In 1719 a large north aisle or transept was built at right angles to the nave containing galleries. The organ gallery, dated 1705, was built by the pilots of Deal. It is supported on Tuscan columns. Interior contains box pews, a Norman pillar piscina and an Early English sedilia.

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 177248

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing