THE FALCONRY, LODGE FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1345341
Date first listed:
11-Mar-1968
Statutory Address:
THE FALCONRY, LODGE FARM

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1345341.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Jan-2021 at 00:24:01.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE FALCONRY, LODGE FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Somerset
District:
Mendip (District Authority)
Parish:
Norton St. Philip
National Grid Reference:
ST 79675 58020

Details

ST75NE NORTON ST. PHILIP CP FARLEIGH HUNGERFORD

1/256 The Falconry, Lodge Farm

11.3.68

GV II*

Cartshed and Falconry, now cowshed and store. C14/C15. Rubble Doulting stone, moulded string course at first floor level and stone slate gabled roof. 2-storey, rectangular plan, 3 window east front, with central entrance. Plain chamfered stone window frames. Central window; stone mullioned with 2 trefoil headed lights and central quatrefoil opening. To each side, a small dovecot opening with corbelled perch. Left hand, hollow chamfered with Hungerford Arms and badge; right hand, with moulded cornice supported by mitred head. South gable; cart entrance, now blocked with dripmould over, plain chamfered stone window frame, and stone framed vent to roof space. North gable; single flight of stone steps to first floor entrance, hollow chamfered moulded stone door surround with pointed arch; dovecot openings in gable apex. First floor interior; plastered with plaster ceiling, southern end said to have been partitioned off. Scheduled Ancient Monument (Somerset County No 252). (SANHS, Proceedings Vol.81 1941; J. E. Jackson, A Guide to Farleigh Hungerford, 1879).

Listing NGR: ST7967558020

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
267203
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Jackson, J E , A Guide To Farleigh Hungerford, (1879)
'Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society' in Proceedings of the Somerset Archaeological and Natural History Society, , Vol. 87, (1941)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].