CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1346299
Date first listed:
26-Jan-1967
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES, B1246

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1346299.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 06:33:57.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF SAINT JAMES, B1246

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Warter
National Grid Reference:
SE 86995 50434

Details

SE 85 SE WARTER B1246 (north side)

6/38 Church of Saint James

26.1.67 II

Church. 1862, by Habershon and Pite. Small ashlar, plain tile roof. West tower with broach spire, 5-bay nave with south porch, one-bay chancel with polygonal apse and north vestry. Late C13 style. West tower: moulded plinth, angle buttresses with gablets and offsets, moulded string-courses. 2-light belfry openings with tracery in Geometrical style under stopped hoodmoulds. 2-light lucarnes. Nave: pointed window without tracery to east, all other windows with tracery in Geometrical style. Hoodmoulds with foliated stops throughout. Pointed south door with continuous mouldings under hoodmould with leaf-stops. Chancel: 2-light windows with varying tracery in Geometrical style under hoodmoulds with foliated stops. Interior contains recumbent effigy, by Frampton, of Mrs. Wilson, died 1905.

Listing NGR: SE8699550434

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
167008
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 08 Oct 2006
Reference: IOE01/15767/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Les Waby. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected]k.