CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1346665

Date first listed: 30-Jun-1966

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, FRONT STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1346665 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Feb-2019 at 18:15:03.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, FRONT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: East Riding of Yorkshire (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Wold Newton

National Grid Reference: TA 04578 73130

Details

TA 07 SW WOLD NEWTON FRONT STREET (east side)

3/78 Church of All Saints 30.6.66 - II *

Church. Nave, C12, chancel 1850, north aisle to nave and chancel 1857, south porch and bell turret C19. Ashlar lead roof to nave, slate roofs elsewhere, timber-frame. 4-bay nave with bell turret, south porch, 2-bay chancel. Nave with chamfered plinth. C12 south door has nook- shafts with scallops and wheels flanked by partridge to left, wheel to right. Imposts with cable and lozenge ornament support round arch with inner order decorated with roll-moulding and saltire crosses, and outer chamfered order with billet ornament. Tympanum has chequer decoration enclosing Maltese cross with 3 discs and a circle in upper left and right quadrants respectively. 3-light window with Curvilinear tracery to right of door, 2-light windows with Perpendicular tracery to left. Round-headed lancet window at higher level to extreme right. Raised coped gables with shaped kneelers. Lower chancel with heavy quoining. South door in pointed stone surround flanked by pointed lancet to left, 2-light window with Perpendicular tracery under hood-mould to right. Slate roof, raised coped gable with kneelers. 3-light east window with Perpendicular tracery under segmental head with hood-mould and datestone 1850 over. North aisle runs full length of church: 5 round-headed windows in Romanesque style, raised coped gable with shaped kneelers. Bell turret with pyramidal roof and cross finial. South porch of re- used stone and raised coped stone gable with kneelers. Interior has north arcade of 1857 with cylindrical piers on round moulded bases with octagonal capitals and abaci supporting semicircular arches of 2 orders with deep roll-mouldings. C12 tub font with zig-zag and palmette band and plait band; C12 nook-shafts with scallops and lozenges to rebuilt round-headed chancel arch. Royal Arms of 1713 and 1839. North aisle has box pews of 1839, doors removed.

Listing NGR: TA0457873130

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 166849

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing