CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1348330
Date first listed:
25-Feb-1958
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, STONE HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1348330.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2020 at 15:33:14.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY, STONE HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Wyre Forest (District Authority)
Parish:
Stone
National Grid Reference:
SO 86199 74935

Details

STONE CP STONE HILL (north side) SO 87 SE 10/115 Church of St Mary 25.2.58 GV II Parish church. 1831, extended 1899. Ashlar with slate roof. West tower, nave and chancel (1899). West tower: two stages, diagonal stepped buttresses, plain parapet with pinnacles to corners and octagonal stone spire; moulded string, large lancet with label to belfry; entrance through west door with 2-centred arch. Nave: three bays divided by stepped buttresses, windows: two cinquefoiled lights under 2-centred heads. Chancel: one window of two ogee cinquefoiled lights under 2-centred head. East window-of three ogee cinquefoiled lights under 2-centred head with label which has foliate stops. Interior: not inspected. (BoE, p 267).

Listing NGR: SO8619974935

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
157105
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Worcestershire, (1968), 267

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 20 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01343/12
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Gillian Price. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].