CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1348376
Date first listed:
12-Jan-1954
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, ST ANDREWS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1348376 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Oct-2019 at 21:20:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, ST ANDREWS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Oxfordshire
District:
Oxford (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SP 54465 07635

Details

ST ANDREW'S ROAD 1. 1485 (North Side) Church of St Andrew SP 5407 18/48 12.1.54 B The church shall be upgraded to II*]

------------------------------------

ST ANDREW'S ROAD 1. 1485 (North Side) Church of St Andrew SP 5407 18/48 12.1.54. B 2. Parish church. (RCHM 43). Mid C12 chancel and chancel arch. Late Cl3 South nave arcade, South aisle and South tower (completed circa 1500 and restored 1679). About 1400 chancel was extended. In Cl8 the East end was rebuilt. Church restored (begun by J C Buckler and finished by Scott) in 1864 and nave extended to West and North aisle rebuilt; and again restored in 1881 by W Wilkinson, architect, when vestry and porch were added.

Listing NGR: SP5446507635

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
245783
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10374/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Andrew Carter. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].