CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1348899
Date first listed:
16-Nov-1984
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, A 438

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1348899.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Feb-2020 at 12:01:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINITY, A 438

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Clifford
National Grid Reference:
SO 27044 43779

Details

SO 24 SE CLIFFORD CP B 4348 (north side) Hardwick

5/81 Church of the Holy Trinity



II

Parish church. 1849/1851. By Thomas Tudor of Monmouth. Ashlar, tile roof. Decorated style. Chancel, south porch, nave and north vestry. Nave: 3 windows to south wall, porch between western pair, each window has 2 trefoiled lights under a 2-centred head with stopped labels; porch has 2-centred arch as does south door, with small single trefoiled lights to side walls; 5 stepped buttresses; west wall: window above west door has 3 trefoiled lights with tracery above, head has a stopped label; west door also has stopped label; both are framed by 2 large buttresses supporting the open bell cote above which has two 2-centred head openings with 2 bells; surmounted by a cross finials; north wall has 3 windows similar to south, and a lancet at east end. Chancel: south wall: 2 lancets, diagonal buttress to corner; east window: 3 trefoiled lights with tracery above and label. North vestry has 2 lancets in east wall, flanking ashlar stack. Interior: full set of contemporary fittings. Roof: nave: 4-bay hammer beam with intermediate trusses; chancel: wooden ribbed barrel vault. Glass: east and west windows of 1851 by John Bell of Bristol. The ecclesiastical parish of Hardwick was formed from Clifford in 1853. (K R Clew, 1984 Church Guide Book).

Listing NGR: SO2704443779

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
153702
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Clew, KR , Church of the Holy Trinity Clifford Church Guide, (1984)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].