CHURCH OF ST JAMES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1349475
Date first listed:
30-Nov-1949
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST JAMES, WEST MALVERN ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JAMES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1349475.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Feb-2020 at 20:51:58.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST JAMES, WEST MALVERN ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Malvern Hills (District Authority)
Parish:
West Malvern
National Grid Reference:
SO 76333 46108

Details

WEST MALVERN ROAD 1. 5245 Church of St James SO 74 NE 12/27 30.11.49. II 2. Rebuilt in 1871 by G E Street, in Early English style. Malvern stone with ashlar dressings and tile roof. Tower with gabled roof. West end altered 1925-6. Nave and aisles, 3 bays with columns with foliated capitals. Altar rails of wrought iron and brass formerly part of one used in King Henry VII's Chapel at Westminster Abbey, presented to this church in 1870 by the Dean and Chapter.

Listing NGR: SO7633346108

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
152173
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 13 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/04628/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Kenneth M Walker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].