Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1350494

Date first listed: 05-Dec-1955

Date of most recent amendment: 27-Nov-1984



Ordnance survey map of BRAMBRIDGE HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1350494 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Mar-2019 at 13:58:56.



The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: Winchester (District Authority)

Parish: Colden Common

National Park: SOUTH DOWNS

National Grid Reference: SU 46876 22300



310/8/32 KILN LANE 05-DEC-55 Brambridge House (Formerly listed as: KILN LANE BRAMBRIDGE)


Large country house, converted into flats. Circa 1762 incorporating earlier building, remodelled after fire in 1872 by M. Digby-Wyatt. Stuccoed brick, slate roof. 3 storey, 9 bay double pile; building in H-shape with river front and rooms behind rebuilt and single storey pavilions added C19. C18 garden front is largely unaltered except for added stucco dressings. 3 storey, 5 bay centre with 2 bays each end projecting half a bay. Between wings is colonnade of 6 fluted Doric columns with simplified entablature over and iron railings above to 1st floor balcony. Door was in left bay of centre part. On ground floor french windows,and tall casements with low sills in wings and all along 1st floor, each with blind box. Similar but smaller windows on 2nd floor. Rusticated quoins and string courses to sills of 1st and 2nd floor windows with heavily modillioned cornice and low parapet above crowned with urns on corners. Roof hipped with stacks on end walls and at left end of centre part and between right bays of centre part. River side rebuilt as 3 storeys on cellar, 7 bays with single storey on cellar, 3 bay pavilions at each end projecting forward half a bay. In front of centre bay single storey porch with cartouche, in stucco, over. INTERIOR altered after conversion to flats. Large entrance and staircase hall by Wyatt. Inside on garden front in centre bays, narrow entrance hall with late C18 ceiling and large drawing room with similar ceiling and contemporary fireplace, both ceilings with original paint, in Adam style.

Listing NGR: SU4837821808


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 145762

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing