THE RIVERSIDE HOTEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1351328
Date first listed:
07-May-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
02-Oct-1984
Statutory Address:
THE RIVERSIDE HOTEL, MILL STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE RIVERSIDE HOTEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1351328 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2019 at 20:19:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE RIVERSIDE HOTEL, MILL STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Forest Heath (District Authority)
Parish:
Mildenhall
National Grid Reference:
TL7098474416

Details

TL 7074 MILDENHALL MILL STREET

12/69 The Riverside Hotel (Formerly listed as No,17 7.5.54 (Brecklands)) - II

Hotel, formerly house. Mid C18 with alterations of C19 and c.1900. 3 storeys and attics, 5 windows. Red brick, the original work with fine white pointing. Set-forward plinth with moulded limestone coping. Hipped slated roof with end chimneys of red brick and dormers with sash windows. Sash windows with flat arches of gauged brick and moulded limestone cills. C19 small pane sashes. C20 glazed 6-panel entrance door with sidelight. Fine staircase of c.1750, with carved console brackets and 3 barley-sugar twist balusters to each tread, moulded handrail, dado with fielded panels and Corinthian pilasters. A second floor was added in red brick c.1900. Before becoming a hotel in mid C20, the house was known as The Hall.

Listing NGR: TL7098474416

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
275878
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Aug 2004
Reference: IOE01/12966/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Paul Martin Clarke. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].