FORMER SUDBURY INSTITUTE CLUB (NOW PART OF BARCLAYS BANK)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1351391
Date first listed:
26-Oct-1971
Statutory Address:
FORMER SUDBURY INSTITUTE CLUB (NOW PART OF BARCLAYS BANK), MARKET HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER SUDBURY INSTITUTE CLUB (NOW PART OF BARCLAYS BANK)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1351391 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Jun-2019 at 04:19:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER SUDBURY INSTITUTE CLUB (NOW PART OF BARCLAYS BANK), MARKET HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Babergh (District Authority)
Parish:
Sudbury
National Grid Reference:
TL 87340 41237

Details

1. MARKET HILL

1692 (South Side) Former Sudbury Institute Club (Now part of Barclays Bank) TL 8741 3/105

II GV

2. Established 1834. Narrow 3 storey building with mid C19 facade of two columns with "Tower of Winds" caps from 1st floor level, surmounted by entablature. 1 window range. Interior in course of reconstruction as Bank premises.

All the listed buildings in Market Hill (South Side) form a group.

Listing NGR: TL8734041237

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
276094
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing