DERBY CITY CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1351979
Date first listed:
10-Dec-1998
Statutory Address:
DERBY CITY CHURCH, CURZON STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of DERBY CITY CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1351979 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 17:15:55.

Location

Statutory Address:
DERBY CITY CHURCH, CURZON STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
City of Derby (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SK 34965 36247

Details

SK 3436 SE DERBY CURZON STREET (South East side) 893/4/10065 Derby City Church (formerly known as: Elim Pentacostal Church)

GV II

Former Temerance Hall, now church. 1854, 1889 and C20. Designed by Henry I Stevens. Red brick and painted stucco with slate roofs. Entrance facade gabled with side facades largely hidden with 5 round headed windows to each side and blind projection to east gable. INTERIOR has impressive roof with laminated wooden roof trusses. Galleries around three sides supported on large iron console brackets, with curved fronts probably replaced C20.



Listing NGR: SK3496536247

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
471815
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16862/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Lewis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].