TATTINGSTONE PLACE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1351985
Date first listed:
22-Feb-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
30-Oct-1990
Statutory Address:
TATTINGSTONE PLACE, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TATTINGSTONE PLACE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1351985 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 03:35:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
TATTINGSTONE PLACE, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Babergh (District Authority)
Parish:
Tattingstone
National Grid Reference:
TM 13922 36777

Details

TM 13 NW TATTINGSTONE CHURCH ROAD (EAST SIDE) 4/115 22.2.55 Tattingstone Place (formerly listed as Tattingstone Park) II House. Called a "New Building" in 1764 when it was occupied by a son of Thomas White who bought the estate from the Beaumont family and pulled down the old mansion, with later alterations and additions. Red brick. Hipped red plain tiled roof. Red brick forward left and 4 rear chimney stacks. Parapet. 3 storeys. Band between 1st and 2nd floors. Of 5 bays with pilasters to right and left and between 1st and 2nd and 4th and 5th bays. Small paned vertically sliding sash windows, gauged brick arches to upper floors and 2 ground floor left bays. A large C20 single storey, parapetted, entrance hall and room have been added to right of these 2 windows. There is a panelled door to left with moulded surround and flat canopy and 3 small paned vertically sliding sash windows, that to centre tri-partite, that to right forming part of a bay which faces south. Whites "Directory of Suffolk" 1844. N Pevsner Suffolk 1974.

Listing NGR: TM1392236777

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
278890
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Suffolk, (1974)
'Whites Directory' in Whites Directory, (1844)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].