WOODCOTE HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1351992

Date first listed: 23-Jan-1981

Statutory Address: WOODCOTE HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of WOODCOTE HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1351992 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 16:59:25.

Location

Statutory Address: WOODCOTE HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Telford and Wrekin (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Chetwynd Aston and Woodcote

National Grid Reference: SJ 76736 15490

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SJ 71NE; 25/615

WOODCOTE, WOODCOTE, Woodcote Hall

23.1.81

GV

II

1875 by F P Cockerell. Largely replaces an C18 mansion which was destroyed by fire in C19. There are remains of the C18 house at the north-west and south-west sides and there are vestiges of C17 fabric at the rear (south), one room contains fireplaces with inscription "T.C. 1767" and stopped and chamfered ceiling beams. 'T.C.' stands for Thomas Cotes. Also a small stone rubble rear wing with stopped and chamfered ceiling beams and tie-beam roof truss with angle struts. The 1875 rebuild is in a Jacobean/Queen Anne style had brick with stone dressings and tiled roof. Two-storeys and attic. North front 2:1:2:3:2:1 bays. Left-hand porch and right-hand bay have attic pavilions with lead ogee caps. The central canted bay has Dutch gable over. Parapet with stone balustrade and ball finials. Rusticated quoins and sashes with Gibbs surrounds. Rusticated round-arched doorway. East garden front 1:1:3:1:1 bays, central canted bay and slightly advanced flanking bays with Dutch gables. INTERIOR: Central hall with lantern and coved ceiling, staircase with balustrade to arcaded landing on three sides. Principal rooms have plasterwork and chimney pieces of 1875 period.

Listing NGR: SJ7673615490

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 362471

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing