THE HOMELAND

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1352019
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
26-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
THE HOMELAND, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE HOMELAND
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352019 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 10:07:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE HOMELAND, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Mid Suffolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Coddenham
National Grid Reference:
TM 13356 54252

Details

CODDENHAM CHURCH ROAD TM 1354 8/6 The Homeland (formerly listed - 9-12-55 as Homelands) GV II

House. Early or mid C16, extended c.1600 and later. A cross-wing attached to, and formerly a part of, the adjoining Holbeck House. Timber-framed and plastered; the upper floor of the wing was originally jettied on 2 adjacent sides, and a short section is still unaltered and exposed. Plaintiled roofs with axial and external chimneys of red brick. 2 storeys and attics. C19 small-pane sashes, those at ground storey also with hinged panelled shutters. 6-panelled entrance door with shallow oblong fanlight. The house contains the cross-passage of the C15 open hall, which is now mainly within Holbeck House. The service cell was demolished, and the present forward-projecting cross-wing built in mid C16. The front room has ogee-moulded main beams, and a 4-centred arched external doorway. Plain crownpost roof and good arch-braced close- studding. The range was extended rearwards c.1600, and a wing was added to left in C18.

Listing NGR: TM1335654252

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
279254
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00316/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs B.A. Curtis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].