MANOR FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1352038

Date first listed: 09-Dec-1955

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MANOR FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352038 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2018 at 04:33:19.

Location

Statutory Address: MANOR FARMHOUSE, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk (District Authority)

Parish: Coddenham

National Grid Reference: TM 13296 54223

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

CODDENHAM CHURCH ROAD TM 1354 8/8 Manor Farmhouse - 9-12-55 GV II

Farmhouse, mid C17 (possibly c.1655 for John Deyne, Doctor of Physic). The hall and service cells of a 3-cell house with cross-passage entry; the parlour cell demolished in C19. 2 storeys and attics. Timber-framed and plastered with C19 cable-pattern pargetting in panels. Plaintiled roof with C19 casement dormers. An original chimney to left, formerly serving hall and parlour, red brick with 4 octagonal flues with moulded bases; a similar 2-flue chimney to rear of the service wing has a rebuilt shaft. 3-light casements with transomes; some of C18 origin but remodelled early C20; leaded lights. Mid C19 entrance porch, flat roofed, with 4-panelled door. Original features include close-studding, ovolo-moulded main beams and ovolo-moulded arched fireplace in the hall. Some moulded C17 or early C18 plasterwork in 1st storey ceilings. The house was formerly known as Jourdaines, after William de Jourdaine, c.1450.

Listing NGR: TM1329654223

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 279256

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing