CODDENHAM COUTRY CLUB AND DOCTORS SURGERY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1352042
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1955
Statutory Address:
CODDENHAM COUTRY CLUB AND DOCTORS SURGERY, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CODDENHAM COUTRY CLUB AND DOCTORS SURGERY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1352042 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 20:44:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
CODDENHAM COUTRY CLUB AND DOCTORS SURGERY, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Mid Suffolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Coddenham
National Grid Reference:
TM 13398 54272

Details

CODDENHAM HIGH STREET TM 1354 8/19 Coddenham Country Club and - Doctor's Surgery (formerly 9-12-55 listed, with Gryffon House, as Crown Inn) GV II

Clubhouse and doctor's surgery. Built early or mid C16 in 2 stages, probably as a service range to the adjacent Gryffon House. 2 storeys. Timber-framed; the upper floor is long-wall jettied towards the street; mainly plastered, apart from a moulded bressumer over the jetty which is a C20 renewal. Various C19 small-pane sashes and casements. Boarded C19 entrance door. Some C16 main framing members exposed internally. To the right is an attached C20 weather-boarded club room which is not of special interest.

Listing NGR: TM1339854272

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
279267
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00489/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs B.A. Curtis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].